Frequently Asked Questions
This FAQ applies only to Shareholders of VFD Group
1. What meetings am I entitled to attend?
• All General Meetings including an Annual General Meeting and any other Extra-ordinary General Meeting.
2. When will I get the notice of an Annual General Meeting?
• 21 days to the date of an Annual General Meeting (AGM)
3. What is the content of a notice of Meeting?
• A notice contains the name of the meeting, date of meeting, venue of meeting, time of meeting, agenda of meeting, and notes to the Notice.
4. Can I send a proxy that is not a shareholder?
• Yes, as a shareholder, you are entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in your stead. A Proxy need not be a member of the Company. To be valid, a completed and duly stamped proxy must be deposited at the Registered Office, of the Company not less than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the time of the meeting.
5. What is an ordinary business and a special business?
• Ordinary businesses include declaration of a dividend, the presentation of the financial statements and the reports of the Directors and Auditors, the election of Directors in the place of those retiring, the appointment, and the fixing of remuneration of the Auditors and the appointment of the members of the Audit Committee. Any other business aside the above are special business.
6. How do I vote for or against resolutions at a General Meeting?
• At any general meeting, a resolution put to vote is decided on a show of hands unless a poll is demanded in accordance with section 224 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
7. When and how can I ask Questions regarding the Company?
• Shareholders have a right to ask questions not only at Meetings, but also in writing prior to the Meeting, and such questions must be submitted to the Company Secretary at the registered address of the Company not later than two (2) weeks before the date of the Meeting.
8. How do I nominate another shareholder for appointment to the Audit Committee?
• In accordance with Section 359(5) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990, any shareholder may nominate a Shareholder for appointment to the Audit Committee. Such nomination should be in writing and should reach the Company Secretary at least twenty-one (21) days before the Annual General Meeting.
9. Where do I channel my enquiries?
• You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Company Secretary on 08027543343.